Thanksgiving is about gratitude. It’s about the celebration of victories, big and small, the treasured kinship with those we hold close, the quiet reflection of what truly matters. It’s about the abundance that is enriched by our desire to share it.
Gratitude is reflected in the smiling faces of the people around us. Look close and notice it all. Dance in the delight of shared memories and laughter-filled conversations. Take the time to savour life's experiences and appreciate those who have been there for you.
My life is not perfect; it sometimes is characterized by chaos and dissonance. To some people, I might come across as a golden child who has everything in life perfectly falling into place. It’s not that way – I’m human, with personal flaws and storms to weather that I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. Sure, these storms can tear holes into plans, hopes and dreams but they cannot silence my love. Love is an anchor and it makes me choose to be grateful for each day that I’m here.
There are just so many things to be thankful for. Life is wonderful despite the chaos that sometimes happens. This year has been hard for many people, but hey, always look for the silver lining. Love is alive.
I am thankful everyday for these gifts and am thrilled to live in abundance.
Some things I'm thankful for:
- Close friends and family
- Authentic friendships and genuine conversations
- Helping hands and pillars of support
- Electrifying, hearty cackles of laughter that you can feel in your gut
- People who have taught me to live freely and love abundantly
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow
- The joy that building new things brings me
- Good health, shelter and food
- Heartfelt hugs and warm embraces
- The ability to travel; to experience new cultures and meet new people
- My rekindled love for writing and the beautiful way that thoughts can translate into words
- Magic on the dance floor